To access DynaMed from any computer or mobile device at any time, to follow DynaMed topics and updates, and to claim CME credits, we recommend you create your own personal DynaMed account. If you are not interested in these features, you can still use the app without an account. An account can be created by going to DynaMed and clicking on the "Sign In" link near the top-right of the screen (if you require a barcode number to access DynaMed or all online library resources, then please contact us).
To install the DynaMed app:
- Download the app from the App Store or Play Store (if you still have the old DynaMed app then it would be best to delete it first).
- Choose one of two options for authentication:
- Sign In: Select the "Sign In" option and tap the orange button. Then enter the email address and password for your DynaMed account.
- Institutional Network: If you are connected to an SHA (or former health region) Wi-Fi then tap the orange "Authenticate" button (note: this option won't allow you to set up topic alerts or obtain CME credits).
- Select one of three options for how much storage space the app will use on your device (note: you can change this at any time in the app by going to Settings):
- Online Only: You must have an Internet connection to use the app.
- Partial Install: You can use the app without an Internet connection except for accessing images.
- Full Install: All content in the app is accessible without an Internet connection.
Note: Every 3 months you will need to renew your access by repeating step 3 of these instructions.