These guidelines provide you with some common dos and don’ts related to copying and using original works.
In general, you can:
- Include information (a direct quote or paraphrased content) found in an original work in your own written work (e.g. research paper) as long as you properly cite and credit the source
- Print one copy of an article received in a digital format through interlibrary loan
In general, you cannot:
- Print copies of an article retrieved through interlibrary loan (as you have already received the one copy that is permitted by copyright law)
- Use a digital copy of an article retrieved through interlibrary loan for more than 5 business days
- Save a digital copy of an article retrieved through interlibrary loan
Still have questions? Contact us!